About the role:
The Station (Thunderful Karlshamn) is looking for a Game Designer for our exciting projects!
We're looking for someone to support us in developing ideas and concepts into great games. The role include both ownership and coordination of the game and its design, as well as collaborating with other fantastic game designers to create and realize the vision of our games.
We believe you're a positive and driven self-starter with a creative and problem-solving mind. To succeed in this role, you need a good understanding of the player perspective and a commitment to the user experience.
This position requires an EU-citizenship.
- Develop game projects from concept to a complete design, e.g. game systems, user experience, game mechanics, balancing and much more.
- Continuously prototype, test and tweak different aspects of game designs.
- Manage and maintain detailed documentation that covers all the components of the game design.
- Team up with programmers, artists and other disciplines to develop game systems, designs and mechanics.
- Great verbal and written communications skills (English)
- Minimum of 3+ years of previous experience in the games industry as a Game Designer.
- Experience from at least 1 AA full game cycle, from concept and pre-production to release
- Experience of iterative development of game mechanics and game systems, implementation, balancing and prototyping.
- Great knowledge of working in Unity or other 3D game engines.
- Being able to and feeling confident in taking ownership of systems and develop them further to a polished and finished state.
- Experience working with Scrum.
- UI/UX design experience.
- Interest in narrative design system driven games.
- Collective Agreement - Tekniktjänsteavtalet (+ union club)
- Pension plan (tjänstepension)
- Paid overtime
- Flexible work hours
- Yearly wellness grant (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Occupational Health Care
- Weekly Wellness activity hours - Two hours per week!
Come work with us at our Karlshamn office!
Thunderful Development, a Thunderful Studio part of Thunderful Games is a relatively new company but with old roots. Thunderful Development was formed by several small indie companies coming together to make something more significant than they could have done independently. Over the last few years, Thunderful Development has grown into four different offices, with roughly 140 people making games in team sizes between 15-35 people. The teams within have developed the award-winning SteamWorld series, known for its frequent genre-hopping and inclusive design, and more recent AA games like The Gunk, Lost in Random, and other un-announced but equally charming titles.
About the Karlshamn Office
In the town of Karlshamn, fueled by an ocean view and the omnipresent gorgeousness of Blekinge, you'll find our second-most southern office. The studio (also known as The Station) dates back to 2013 and is mainly known for its ongoing contributions to the LittleBigPlanet™ franchise. Have you ever joined Sackboy on his adventures? If so, there's a big chance you've seen The Station's visual artistry in motion!
With so much talent in one space, we'd forgive you for believing there's no room for snacks! The team takes great pride in celebrating every national pastry day and shares a lovely breakfast every Friday. Yum!
Got questions about the position or Thunderful in general? Please contact:
Talent Acquisition Manager - Thunderful Games
Phone: +(46) 076-027 82 10
You can also send your inquiries to our Union club: