You want to work in the games industry, try out new game prototypes every few weeks and share your impressions and experiences with the rest of the world on Discord, Twitch, Youtube, Instagram and Tiktok? You catch things before they trend on Twitter and know Tiktok and Youtube algorithms better than those who designed them? You have 1,000 wild ideas in your head and are just waiting for the chance to accomplish them alone or with national and international influencers? You want to visit gaming conventions worldwide, showcase our games on stages or in live streams, and connect with people all around the globe? Great - that's precisely the kind of person we're looking for!
On paper, Headup is looking for a Community Manager to build a friendly and open-minded community around our team and the prototypes we are developing. You will be part of the development team, supporting and encouraging our community to contribute their ideas to our development processes. To do this, you will collect, analyze, and present feedback from players to the developers, making a decisive contribution to making better games.
In reality, we're also looking for a new best friend and colleague, someone to play co-op games with, a trading card and board game fan, a training partner, a meme lord, a LEGO engineer, someone who loves live concerts as much as we do, a party animal, a High Score cracker, a new band member, someone who eats the leftovers and likes to walk the dogs, an Old or New Schooler, a philanthropist... or simply just someone who is not an a**hole.
- Manage, create, and update a community content plan, ensuring posting variety and frequency on all relevant community platforms, from Discord to TikTok
- Work closely with our game developers to ensure quality content for all platforms
- Generate, analyze, and present data reports from our community activities to the team, and optimize future community activities accordingly
- Build and maintain relationships with top players and influencers
- Keep yourself up to date and observe the industry to pick up news and trends
- Monitor new community platforms and establish a presence if deemed necessary
- Strategize with your colleagues within the larger Thunderful family to ensure that Headup`s community management is aligned with the overall strategy
- At least 2 years of proven work experience in the gaming industry as a Game Master, Community Manager, or contributor to various media
- A passion for gaming and a good gaming industry knowledge
- Flawless English with copywriting skills
- Understanding of cultural and ethical issues for English and German language
- Living in Europe, preferably in the Cologne area (Germany)
- A structured and creative mind
- Basic knowledge of Word/Outlook/Excel/Teams/Slack/Asana/Discord
You get extra points for
- Skills in graphical design and video editing
- Sending us a video application 😊
What you can expect from us
In our office in Düren (near Cologne), you will find not only the best colleagues in the world (of course) but also a small but excellent streaming studio, countless handhelds, game consoles and game machines of the last 30 years, including a vast collection of games, unlimited access to all games on Steam, the mandatory table soccer, cosy couches for power naps, a dog, the funniest office cleaning lady in the world, state-of-the-art hardware and height-adjustable desks, bad jokes, free drinks and lots of finished and unfinished LEGO sets.
Of course, you can also work remotely, but the "full experience" with fun, games and excitement is only available here in the office. Other benefits are:
- 30 vacation days
- Flexible working hours, taking individual work-life balance into account
- Choose between working from home and our office in Düren, near Cologne
- If you are interested in relocating to Düren/Colgone, we will help and support you with all the needed resources
- Annual performance reviews with individual goals
- Transparent and fair salary structures and annual salary increases
- No gender pay gap
- All kinds of team events, from regular get-togethers to visiting gaming conventions or theme parks
- Free drinks, free coffee and a well-stocked fridge in the office
- You can bring your pet to the office!
If you want to be part of the Headup family and join our wonderful team as a Community Manager, we are looking forward to receiving your application through our online application form. Just press the "Join the family"-Button to apply - talk to you soon!
Originally, Headup was a classic indie publisher and launched hits like Trüberbrook, Bridge Constructor Portal, Pumpkin Jack, White Shadows and The Inner World. Over the years, we won many prizes (e.g., 4x Germany's Best Publisher), travelled the world and made many friends within the industry.
Since 2021, Headup is part of the Thunderful family, where we develop new game ideas and test them together with our community. With a bit of luck and your active help, one of these ideas might become big; if not, we'll try out the next idea :)
Thunderful was formed by several indie companies coming together to make something more significant than they could have done independently. The teams within Thunderful have developed the award-winning SteamWorld series, known for its frequent genre-hopping and inclusive design, and more recent AA games like The Gunk, Lost in Random, and other unannounced but equally charming titles.